Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fun Fun Fun!

Bwargh!!!

Tried taking blood from a patient but failed to get any blood!

Thankfully, I didn't give him a humongous haematoma.

It's so much easier on the training dummy's arm - I guess I have to just keep practising on real patients!

My apologies in advance, dear patients!

However, on the plus side, my history-taking and basic examinations are a lot more fluid and natural.

Well, I guess that's what comes of taking a couple of histories and doing some examinations each and every day.

Also managed to watch a refashioning of an amputation stump!

It was a bit gory since it involved cutting out a section of remaining bone - but the moment where a small artery was cut and blood was spurting out of it onto the floor was quite funny!

The surgeons cauterized it really quickly, though. Aww.

Yes, I know that I'm sick.

But it's weird, because I've never really liked the sight of gore or blood before.

I guess anyone can get used to anything, sooner or later.

No comments: