Monday, July 2, 2007

Chesterfield - Day One!

Yay!!

It's a historical moment - I've received my first hospital pager ever!

Historical moments aside, it's slightly a mystery to me as to why the Chesterfield Royal Hospital even bothers giving these pagers out to medical students.

I mean, if an emergency did occur and by some miraculous chance they decide to page us medical students, what would we do?

Run around like headless chickens?

Get in the way of everyone while they're trying to resuscitate the poor patient?

Get traumatised by jets of blood spurting out of someone's corporeal shell in this mortal world and promptly faint, giving them another casualty to be treated?

What I think is - if there's an emergency, they'll bleep us to let us know what's going on.

So we can hide somewhere and make ourselves scarce. And hopefully not get in anyone's way in the process.

LOL.

Seriously though, it's a really nice touch by the hospital.

It kinda makes us feel more involved, I guess. It makes all of us feel like we're part of the team and not just outsiders watching and doing nothing

Although we're not doing really much at the moment.

But I guess watching, learning and practising is pretty much what we're supposed to do at the moment anyways.

No comments: